Spring has quickly given way to summer, and with it we find the Children’s Pollinator Garden in bloom. There has even been a first honeybee sighting! Please stop by to check it out. Many thanks to all the volunteers who are helping water and tend to the garden.
As we look ahead to the upcoming year, the Green Team is planning out our goals and projects. A major theme this year will be Recycling. We are continuing to grow in our fellowship with community groups, and to find service opportunities with our Local Mission partner, New Jersey Farmers Against Hunger. In particular we will be volunteering for a gleaning event on Saturday, June 9 from 9-11 AM at Specca Farm in Springfield, please consider joining us! Also stay tuned for trial maintenance service projects with Save the Environment in Moorestown (STEM) in the fall. Of course, we will be continuing our ongoing programs such as Meatless Monday, Adult Forum, Sunday school, sustainability plan, and maybe even expanding the Pollinator Garden!
For the latest Green Team happenings, be sure to visit our website and Facebook page. You can also email me for information or to sign up for the Green Team. Our next meeting will be Monday, June 11 at 7 PM. We’re always looking for new members to join us!
- NJ Farmers Against Hunger volunteer gleaning event. Saturday, June 9, 9 – 11 AM. Specca Farms, 870 Jacksonville-Mt. Holly Road, Springfield, NJ, 08505.
- Special Pinelands Plant Course – Fundamentals. Every Thursday May 31 – Aug 2, 7 PM. Pinelands Preservation Alliance, 17 Pemberton Rd, Vincentown, New Jersey 08088.
- Save the Environment of Moorestown (STEM) Annual Potluck Picnic and Nature Photo Contest. Photo entries due June 18. Picnic and judging June 24 at 4 PM, the Malloy/LoPresti residence, 12 Pepperbush lane, Moorestown. For more information, visit: http://stemonline.org/
- Moorestown Day. Saturday, June 2, 10 AM – 4 PM. Be sure to check out the Sustainable Moorestown Table and get free Pollinator Wildflower Seed Mix, and the Native Plant Sale at the STEM Table. For more in-formation, visit: https://moorestownbusiness.com/events-calendar/moorestown-day-2018/
- Plastic-Free July – take the pledge! visit: http://www.plasticfreejuly.org/
- Jersey Renews ―coffee talk at SMLC. July (date to be determined). Come learn about this coalition of labor, faith, community, and environmental organizations, who are dedicated to principles of environmental justice, clean renewable energy, good jobs, and protections for workers & communities. Featuring an interactive discussion with an organizer from GreenFaith. For information about Jersey Renews, visit: http://jerseyrenews.org/