Dear Member of Saint Matthew:
In response to congregational feedback and upon further review, council has recognized that different language and structure in bylaw C13.06.01 would be helpful and offer more clarity. Therefore, the following corrections to committee names and structure are presented if there is no objection:
- Stewardship Care should appear as Stewardship.
- Worship Care should appear as Worship
- Facilities Care – Maintenance should appear as Property
- Facilities Care – Planning should appear as Facilities Planning Committee assigned to subsection b. instead of subsection a.
Attached is the corrected bylaw. Thank you for your consideration.
President, Congregation Council
Chairperson, Constitution Committee
Our congregation’s constitution and bylaws are due for a tune-up!
Revisions to either document require congregational approval, and so the proposed constitution and bylaws will be on the agenda at our next Congregation Meeting, June 3 at 10:30am. Please mark your calendar and attend.
Attached are 3 documents:
- A letter from the President of Congregation Council
- A “clean” version of the proposed constitution and bylaws with introduction
- A version highlighting the revisions, with an introductory explanation
Pete Boal has written updates in the Messenger since February, and will lead an adult forum on Sunday, May 20 at 9:45am to answer questions.
The Congregation Meeting is the highest authority in the life of any congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and your participation is needed!