Christian Learning & Formation
- 11/10, students gathered to say farewell to Pastor Alexis. Ava-Marie shared an emotional poem that she and Adler co-wrote. Hugs and well wishes were ex- changed before teachers and students prayed together for the King family, and the future of SMLC.
- 11/19, 7 of our Confirmands went to Discovery Day #1 to Bridge of Peace Church. They were graciously hosted by Pastor Giselle and her youth group and leaders, along with Jen Blanford and her two sons, and some food pantry volunteers. They assisted in a delivery chain – transferring bags of food from the car at the curb into the food pantry on the 2nd floor. They learned shared details about the operation of their food pantry.
- 11/15-17; 3 of our youth attended the Youth Retreat in Stillwater, NJ.
- 11/22, Youth Group went Thanksgiving Shopping. On 11/23, delivered the Baskets to Bridge of Peace. On 11/24, Youth Group meeting.
- 12/1, Youth Group will distribute greens (thanks to all who purchased greens in support of our youth group).
- 12/8 Youth Group Christmas Party, 4:30pm.
- VBS: SMLC will join with Holy Trinity, Maple Shade for a combined Crossroads facilitated VBS Day Camp 2020 July 19-24, 9am-3pm. More details to follow.
- Sunday School: The new gym equipment arrived at St. Matthew on 11/11 and will be available to all children soon. Thanks again to Youth Group for purchasing the new equipment. On November 17th, the 3rd and 4th graders decorated the tags for the Integrated Oaks Giving Tree. On November 24th, students in the pre-k- 4th grade classrooms received Spark Magazines. We encourage parents to complete the readings and activities with your children.
Advent Devotionals. A simple reading & prayer for each day, prepared by the United Lutheran Seminary. Pick one up on the foyer table.
Spark Magazines. For 3yrs-4th grade are given out at Sunday school. It’s a magazine that has child-friendly readings, prayers and activities for each week of Advent and Christmas.
St. Matt Adult Forum Sundays
- 1/5 Christian Caring, a Way of Life—Part 3 By Stephen Ministers
- 1/12 Coffee & Conversation
- 1/19 Plans for our Church Campus
- 1/26 Coffee & Conversation
NOTE: We have received feedback from some members of the church that the new Coffee and Conversation implemented this year is appreciated. Therefore, we will continue this format in 2020.
Help Wanted! Acolyte/Crucifer Coordinator
We are either looking for someone to handwrite names for quarterly schedules or who can add into a google sheet. If interested, see Kim Bohley.