- Doctor of Philosophy (with Distinction), Drew University, Madison, NJ in Theological and Philosophical Studies, May 2011
- Master of Divinity and Master of Sacred Theology, Trinity Lutheran Seminary, Columbus, OH in Theological Studies, May 2005
Included one year of study at the Lutheran Center in Atlanta at the Interdenominational Theological Center; focusing on African and African American Christianity, especially African-American Lutheranism
- Bachelor of Arts (cum laude), Loyola University, Baltimore, MD in History, double-minor in Political Science and Classical Civilizations, May 1998.
- 2012-2020: Missionary to Malaysia, ELCA Global Mission
- 2006-2012: Co-Pastor; Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, Chatham, NJ
- 2002-2003: Vicar; Epiphany Lutheran Church, Suwannee, GA
- 1999-2000: Ministry Team Leader; A Christian Ministry in the National Parks, Big Bend National Park, TX
- 1998-1999: Director of Youth Ministry; St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, Cumberland, MD
- 1996-1998: Summer Staff, Mar-Lu-Ridge Conference and Educational Center, Jefferson, MD (Lutheran summer camp)
- 1996-1998: Peer Minister, Baltimore Area Lutheran Campus Ministry, Baltimore, MD
Professional Academic Experience
- 2018-present: Honorary Research Associate, Australian Lutheran College of the University of Divinity, Adelaide, Australia.
- 2012-2019: Missionary Professor, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Global Mission Unit
- 2015-2019: Director of the Lutheran Study Centre at Sabah Theological Seminary, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
- 2015: Theologian in Residence, Gurukul Lutheran Theological College and Research Institute, Chennai, India
- 2012- 2019: Lecturer: Theology, Philosophy, and Ethics; Sabah Theological Seminary
Married to Wendolyn Trozzo. Two sons: Dante (age 15) and Caedmon (age 12). Raised in Cumberland, MD. Interests include travel (visited about 35 countries), hiking, watching baseball and live music of all types, playing board games, and reading (especially nature writing and science fiction/fantasy novels).