Again this year we will follow our annual tradition of supporting the “Thanksgiving Basket” project – which benefits Camden’s Fairview neighborhood through the Peace Center at Bridge of Peace Church in Camden.
We are hoping to help 70 households in Camden with Thanksgiving Bags.
If interested, please make your checks payable to St. Matthew with your envelope # and “Thanksgiving Bags” in the memo
The Sunday school classes will assist in this labor of love by contributing food items Oct. 21– Nov. 11th. On Sunday, Nov. 11th at the 11am service, the food will be placed at the base of the altar – so we can give thanks to God for abundance and the opportunity to serve our neighbors in need.
- Grades 3 – K: Canned peas, canned corn
- Grades 1 & 2: Boxed dry stuffing mix, cranberry sauce
- Grades 3 & 4: Boxed mashed potatoes, 1 lb. bag white rice
- Grades 5 & 6: Lg. Can sweet potatoes, dinner mints
- Grades 7 & 8: Turkey gravy (dry mix or can), Dinner rolls (not refrigerated)
NOTE: All this food will be supplemented by a shopping spree on Friday, Nov. 16, 6pm – further details to be provided.