It’s Goodbye Summer and Welcome Fall:
Karen and I hope you all had a good summer—that means something different to everyone!! Some of you spent lots of time at the beach or doing home repairs or cooking outside. While some of you chose to move this summer! No matter what…welcome fall and all its fun activities.
FCC has two major events in September:
- God’s Work our Hands Sunday on September 10th (signup sheets are on the fellowship table in the Narthex) and
- Saint Matthew Day picnic and welcome back to Sunday School on Sunday Sept. 17th (signup sheets are in the Bulletin)
God’s Work Our Hands will have multiple choices for you.
Gifts for our homebound:
- Bake cookies for our homebound
- Help pack up the cookies.
- Deliver flowers and cookies to our homebound
- Help make flower arrangements to deliver to our homebound
- You can bring empty vases
Help fill school kits for Lutheran World Relief. Supplies needed include:
- Four 70 sheet notebooks 8 1/2 x 10 ½ (no loose-leaf paper)
- One 30-centimeter ruler or one with inches on one side and centimeters on the other
- One Pencil sharpener
- One pair of blunt scissors (safety scissors with embedded steel blades)
- Five unsharpened #2 pencils with erasers
- Five Black or Blue ballpoint pens (no gel ink)
- One box of 16 or 24 crayons—Crayola are the best as they do not melt in shipping
- One 2 ½ “ eraser
All supplies for the school bags into church any time before September 10th
For those who love to dig in the dirt….help clean up a public area garden in Moorestown. Please bring gardening tools such as: rakes, hand shovels, kneelers, gardening gloves, etc. We will leave shortly after church so dress ready to dig!